We want as many individuals and organisations as possible take action this World Malaria Day, whether your country is malaria endemic or malaria free. After all malaria will only be beaten, with collective global action.
Lets show the world that we can be the generation that beats malaria – an entirely preventable disease which puts half the world at risk and costs a child’s life every two minutes.
How you can take action:
It’s only through coming together with our partners on World Malaria Day that we can send a strong united message across the globe that more needs to be done to beat malaria.
- Toolkit and collateral: We have developed a range of World Malaria Day campaign materials for organisations to download and disseminate to their members. These include a toolkit featuring stats, facts and key messages, to help you promote World Malaria Day and the activities you’re hosting to mark the day.
- Events: Tell us about any events you’re holding to mark World Malaria Day and we’ll upload them on to our interactive map.
- Support World Malaria Day on social media: Use the campaign hashtags
#readytobeatmalaria and #endmalaria, along with #worldmalariaday and ‘like’ and share World Malaria Day campaign materials on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linked-In. We have also developed suggested social media posts to help promote World Malaria Day on these channels.
Click the links for further information for Partners
If you are a individual:
We can be the generation that beats malaria, but we can only do that with your help. There are several ways you can get involved in World Malaria Day:
- Many of our partners will be holding events on World Malaria Day – see the link below to find out more about events taking place across the world
- If you live in a malaria affected area, help your family and friends beat malaria: sleep under an insecticide treated bed net, use a mosquito repellent and see a doctor in case of malaria symptoms
- We would encourage anyone who can afford to, to donate to our partner organisations who do amazing and hugely valued fundraising work.
- We need to ensure beating malaria remains high on the political agenda – find out what your local malaria charities are doing to advocate for better malaria prevention and treatment and how you can help them
- Pledge your support for malaria action on social media using the campaign hashtags #readytobeatmalaria and #endmalaria, along with #worldmalariaday and ‘like’ and share World Malaria Day campaign materials on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linked-In.